Race Week Preparations!
Ok guys! After 4 months of training, race-day is finally here! I’m so excited and nervous at the same time! Every single run, workout, and recovery day will finally pay off! I picked up my bib today at the Health and Fitness Expo in Downtown LA! Here is a breakdown of what my week has been like (not amounting schoolwork, etc.):
- Sunday: My last fifteen mile run before the LA Marathon! Watch the short video below!
- Monday: Rest, Stretch, and edit music playlist.
- Tuesday: Lymphatic Drainage Massage and chiropractor appointment for last minute adjustment and acupuncture.
- Wednesday: 3 mile run, 1 mile walk. Easy.
- Thursday: Slept most of the day due to after effects of lymphatic drainage massage. And of course, I got my period (TMI), I’m hoping it’s gone by Sunday!
- Friday: Trip to my doctor to get an IV for nourishment and hydration pre-race. After, I picked up a smoothie and headed to the Los Angeles Convention Center to pick up my bib! I came home, did 40 minutes of yoga and foam roller.
- Saturday: Meditate, stretch, 3 mile jog. Pack race-bag and finalize playlist.
- Sunday: Wake up at 4am and head to the Dodger Stadium to run 26.2 miles!
Wish me luck!!! I would love to know if any of you have ran a marathon before or plan on to in the future! Follow me on instagram @zuleykadoeslife! xo