Six New Cruelty-Free Makeup Must-Haves for this Summer… and it’s good for your skin
Summer is almost here and that means going easy on the contour. Show your skin some love without completely ditching your foundation. I’ve been on the hunt for lightweight products that won’t harm my skin. Also, the busier I get the less time I have to put on a full face of make-up every day. The following products are cruelty-free, some more ethical than others and all WAY BETTER than conventional makeup brands. I am not endorsed by any of these products. I simply want to share what products I’ve been loving and new products I’m giving a try!
- Youngblood Primer $41: I’ve been using the Youngblood foundation for about 2 years now and it’s my top choice. This brand uses minerals in their products that are good for your skin. I can’t say enough good things about Youngblood cosmetics, they stray from harsh chemicals, additives and any harmful ingredients found in most conventional makeup.
I was so excited to finally try their primer and it didn’t disappoint! All their products are free of talc, parabens, oil and fragrance.
- Tarte Water Foundation SPF 15 $39: Tarte prides itself in using naturally-derived ingredients with plant extracts, minerals and essential oils. All of their products are formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan, synthetic fragrances and gluten. I like this foundation because it’s hydrating without being oily. My dry and sensitive skin appreciated the love.
- Stila Correcting Palette $45: Although this palette has some ingredients I am not thrilled about they are a cruelty-free brand. I have a bit of hyperpigmentation due to picking on my face, don’t do it! But if it’s too late a correcting palette can hide dark circles, veins, etc., while you work on improving your skin.
- Stila Stay-All Day Waterproof Brow Color $21: I am all about easy and quick makeup that will stay on for my busier days. Sometimes you just need to walk out the door without looking like a troll. This is an easy applicator and perfect for hotter/ sweatier days. You can keep your brows on ladies.
- ILIA tinted moisturizer $42: I am so excited to try more products from this brand. They are setting the bar higher for many cosmetic brands. ILIA is formulated with the purest products possible. They espouse an ethical-sustainable approach exemplified in each product. They use certified organic bio-active botanicals and their cream lip products are housed in a sleek recycled aluminum case. This is a semi-matte formula with soothing botanicals to help calm and revitalize the skin.
- BareSkin Serum Concealer by Bare Minerals $21: Bare Minerals is an ethical company with strict codes of conducts across all their supply chains. I ditched my overpriced, conventional concealer with no regrets! I love the silky texture of this concealer. You almost feel like you are wearing eye-cream without being greasy. It’s lightweight without compromising full coverage. I like to go lighter on my foundation but not my concealer, it automatically makes me feel awake.
More make-up brands are sharing their philosophy and ingredients because consumers are demanding transparency. Read the ingredients and don’t be afraid to ask questions about what a brand stands for. Our skin is the largest organ in our body and everything you put on our skin is absorbed into our body. I am still learning a lot about this topic, if you have any information you want to share, leave me a comment below!
Thanks beauties 🙂 XO -Z