DIY Face Mask: Manuka Honey and Turmeric
We all want glowing and clear skin but with so many products available in the skincare industry, it can be difficult knowing what products are right for your skin type. Making a DIY face mask gives you the ease of knowing exactly what it is you are putting on your skin. My Turmeric and Honey face mask is all-natural and super easy to make at home.
Adding Manuka Honey and Turmeric to your diet and beauty regimen provides amazing benefits. Read below for benefits or scroll down to try my all time favorite Manuka and Turmeric face mask recipe. Its so easy!
Manuka honey is produced by bees that feed on the manuka shrub of New Zealand’s remote North Island. Although raw honey and other unheated honeys have health benefits, Manuka honey has been found to have higher therapeutic properties than other honey varieties. Manuka honey helps clear acne, repairs skin and reduces redness leaving you with an overall healthy skin glow.
Turmeric originated in Southeast Asia — its most associated with India today. Turmeric is the most important spice used in Indian dishes today. Turmeric’s most active compound curcumin has many scientifically-proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis. However, when applied directly on skin it provides glowing and anti-inflammatory effects as well.
Manuka Honey Beauty Benefits
- Antibacterial – Its active ingredient Methylglyoxal is likely to be responsible for its antibacterial properties. Due to its antibacterial properties, Manuka Honey is amazing for clearing blemished skin and prevent future breakouts.
- Anti-inflammatory – reduces redness and helps calm inflamed skin caused by rosacea and eczema. Manuka Honey oxygenates pores to pull out bacteria.
- Moisturizing – honey is great for dry skin as well as it hydrates as it aids in retaining moisture leaving your skin with a healthy and non-greasy glow.
- Anti-Aging – leaves skin hydrated without making it oily. Also Manuka inhibits MMP’s which are a group of enzymes on the skin that destroy collagen.
Turmeric Beauty Benefits
- Reduces acne and scars – You may want to try a turmeric face mask to help reduce acne and any resulting scars. The anti-inflammatory qualities can target your pores and calm the skin. Turmeric is also known to reduce scarring. This combination of uses may help your face clear up from acne breakouts.
- Anti-inflammatory – Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits, turmeric can work wonders on condition-riddled skin. It can also help reduce redness from blemishes and calm skin conditions like eczema and rosacea.
- Reduces dark circles and pigmentation – It contains curcumin, which is a powerful antioxidant. Curcumin helps to get rid of inflammation and swelling under the eyes and fades away the dark circles.
Turmeric and Manuka Honey DIY Mask
You will need:
- 2 Tbs Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbs Manuka Honey UMF +10
- 2 Tbs Unsweetened Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1 Tbs Organic Quinoa Flour (or any other flour)
- Lemon (a squeeze)
Directions: Mix everything until you get a thick consistency. Apply to clean skin and leave on for 15-20 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water. Apply moisturizer immediately after.
Sources used in this blog: