Summer 2017 is Almost Here and I’ve picked Some of my Favorite Beauty Products!
I am always on the hunt for eco-friendly and cruelty-free beauty products. As the summer approaches, many of us want to minimize our prep time and get out to the beach! As we are making plans and booking our summer getaways, planning ahead and taking take of our skin is key to leaving the heavy foundations behind. Summer is my favorite time of the year! Not only because I’m a Leo (August 2) but because the summer means I get to take a break from school and work! And hopefully, hang out by the beach and sip on margaritas! The last thing I want to do this summer is spend hours in-front of the mirror doing my hair or makeup. Let’s keep it natural and celebrate our god-given beauty!
Here are my top picks!
- Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls, Bronze Pearl, 0.28 oz. I love this brand, they cater to sensitive skin time and stay away from those crazy harsh toxic chemicals. You can find them at most drugstores and online! They are affordable and one of the few brands with an organic make-up line at convenience stores. They’ve been around forever! This was the first make-up line I used when I was in High-School. Wear a thin layer of your favorite SPF tinted moisturizer and add some glow with this bronzer for a minimal beach look.
2. Eau Thermale Avène Thermal Spring Water Spray, 10.58 Ounce
I carry this little bottle in my purse and spray my face when needed. You can spray it anytime and even over your makeup. It keeps me feeling refreshed and hydrated. Instead on dabbing on powder to keep the sweat away, spray all over your face and dab with a tissue. I also take with me when I go on a hike or to the beach. A little tip: Keep it in the fridge, that way you have cold thermal water for an even better cooling sensation.
3. ILIA Beauty Sheer Vivid Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20, No. T5 Lovina, 1.9 Ounce I wrote about this tinted moisturizer in a previous post! Well, I have to say ladies! It’s a winner! This is my favorite tinted moisturizer ever! It feels so good and silky on my skin. I feel nourished and hydrated even on my worst skin day. I love that this brand is cruelty free and really cares about what they put in their products. It may feel a little too thick for oily skin types but don’t knock it until you try it!
4. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk – All Hair Types , 3.2 oz. I‘ve used so many dry shampoos in the past and I usually hate all of them, most of them feel icky and heavy. I came across this brand when my beauty supply store gave me a sample. I absolutely love it. It really does the job and doesn’t leave a heavy residue behind. I spray it on my roots, let it sit for about 3 minutes, then I brush my hair and style as usual. The link below is a special blend for even oilier hair. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Nettle – Oily Hair , 3.2 oz.
5. Gnarly Head Biodegradable Beach Biodegradable Beach Blonde Gentle Lightening Spray Vegan Friendly I have really dark hair and I want to slowly lighten my locks to achieve a beachier and sunkissed look. I’ve recently been more conscious about what I put in my hair and I’ve been searching for healthier and honest hair products. This product will give you is a gradual lightening effect but it works! I am starting to see lighter strands in the sun! The bottle is biodegradable, their ingredients are natural and gentle. They use natural lemon juice and chamomile to hydrate at the same time so it’s not overly drying. It’s 100% Gluten Free. You can probably make this at home but if you want to save some time and get some extra nourishing ingredients-like kelp and dandelion, give them a try!
6. Avalon Organics Intense Defense Oil-Free Moisturizer, 2 Ounce This moisturizer is non-gmo, made without parabens, preservative, synthetic colors or fragrances, phthalates and harsh sulfates. Plus, they don’t test on animals! Yay! It’s for all skin types and it nourishes without being oily. I have really dry and sensitive skin and I find that one thin layer does the job. The vitamin C allows for brightening of unwanted dark spots. I love the tingling feeling because I know it’s working. It’s rich and emollient while promoting rejuvenation, elasticity, and collagen renewal. It’s no natural that anyone can use it! Below is a link to their serum for maximum renewal! I know Im gushing about this brand but I seriously love it!
Avalon Organics Intense Defense with Vitamin C Facial Serum, 1 Ounce
Leave your questions and comments below! Thank you for all your support! I love to able to connect with you all and share the things that have worked for me!